The objectives of the Blacon Community Trust charity are to support the community of Blacon in its desire to improve and enhance the area, working in partnership with local residents groups and organisations to provide community based activities and services and catering for all age groups within the area.
We aim to promote the above without the distinction of race, gender or political or other opinions.
The Trust endeavours to do this by providing quality local services to external business; the profits of which help to fund much needed local activities and services.
The Blacon Community Trust is a registered charity trading since 4th April 2005 as the successor organisation to the Blacon Project. The Blacon Project itself commenced trading on 1st April 1989.
Winners of the prestigious Queen's Award for Voluntary Service in 2004 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II honours our 'unsung heroes', who have consistently put in their time and hard work over the years.
The company is limited by guarantee and has no share capital.
Blacon Community Trust was established as a charity in 1984, under the name 'Blacon Project'.
In 1998 The Blacon Project registered as a company limited by guarantee, and in 2005 took its new name 'Blacon Community Trust'.
The Trust provides key services locally as follows:
- Childcare/out of school care (3 months - 12 yr olds). 112 child places are available at Dee Point Primary School.
- An independent school with 25 places at Blacon Avenue for 14 to 16 yr olds.
- ISSP young offenders programme for 14 to 18 yr olds, with 20 places at Blacon Avenue.
- Education to employment (E2E), for 16 to 19 yr olds, with 30 places available at Blacon Avenue.
- Young parent's support, up to 25 yrs olds, at Dee Point.
- Furniture Re-use programme to recycle good quality furniture back into the community, located at Maitland Way.
- Managing and developing the Community Centre in Church Way, Blacon.
- Business incubation. A new-start business enterprise named 'Firm Start' has recently been launched at The Parade.
- Regenesis consultancy. Commercial consultancy services UK-wide.